Rings ‘n’ Things
Accessories are everything. Dress an outfit up, dress it down, they add a splash of personality.
For someone who loses things easily (AKA me) and doesn’t have the cash to splurge for designer duds let alone real gold/silver jewelry (me, again!), Forever 21 is your best bet when it comes to fashionable trinkets.
Most times jewelery is $10 or less and purses are under $30. Sure, they may not last FOREVER (hehe) but they get the job done. This is disposable fashion — as the trends change it will be easier to part with these items since they didn’t cost an arm and a leg.
From my latest haul (pictured above):
Storybook Fox Ring, $4.80
Polka Dot Sunglass Case, $3.80
Arrow Ring, $1.80 (Here’s a similar style available online)
Crescent Neckalce, $2.80 (Here’s a similar style available online)
Outfit of the Day: Crushin’ it in Coral
“Why are you dressed so cute for class?” is a question I get asked a lot. But why do I need an excuse to be better dressed than the average sweat-pants-wearing, library-dwelling student? I don’t get it, guys.
Newsflash: no matter what you put on your body, it all takes the same amount of time. Putting on a skirt and shirt takes just as long as a pair of leggings and T-shirt. You’re not saving any time getting ready by dressing like a bum.
Stepping down from my soapbox, this is what I wore on campus today. Everything pictured I got on sale. (Minus the Michael Kors watch.)
Top: Cotton Candy sheer sleeveless button-up, $40 at Wolfgang (I used a Groupon that cost $20 for $40 worth of clothes, so I technically got it half-off.)
Skirt: Urban Outfitters Kimchi Blue coral lace skirt, $9.99 (originally $48)
Shoes: Sam Edelman Trina sandal from LF, $44 (originally $110)
It’s been a bit chilly here in Gainesville this month. OK, who am I kidding? As a Florida gal, to me, chilly is anything under 70 degrees. Even so, I think I’m kind of a paradox when it comes to Sunshine State style.
Brace yourselves for the blasphemous statement that’s about to leave my…
After a semester-long hiatus, I have brought back my other blog, The Great Perhaps. Check it out if you have time!
Oxblood — when burgundy simply won’t do.
Even with a name that brings unsavory visions of bloody bison to mind, oxblood is one of the most attractive and popular colors around. In a rich red color similar to wine, it dominated the runways this season from McQueen to Gucci and has since proven to to be a street-style staple.
Transition fall’s hottest hue into winter by shopping for the deep shade in velvet, the go-to fabric for the holidays. For the next Christmas party on your calendar, try this sophisticated style and paint the town red.
1. Oxblood Velvet Skater Skirt, $56 at Topshop / 2. Band of Gypsies Velvet Chiffon Blouse, $49 at Urban Outfitters / 3. Kerrigan Velvet Dress by Shown to Scale, $92 at ThreadSence / 4. ASOS Velvet Cat Eye Sunglasses, $26.39 at ASOS / 5. Baby Velvet Dress, $56 at Tobi / 7. Charlotte Olympia Kitty Embroidered Velvet Flats, $595 at Net-A-Porter / 8. Bertie Velvet Heeled Chelsea Boot, $109.06 at ASOS / 9. Velvet Shorts, $64 at Topshop / 10. BDG Twig Mid-Rise Velvet Pant, $59 at Urban Outfitters
Anonymous asked: where did you buy your dress from your Wednesday Addams costume?
It’s not a dress. I just put it together with clothes from my closet. I layered a white button up sleeveless shirt under a black sweater and paired it with a black skirt. It was a really easy costume that didn’t require any shopping!
An old friend of mine made a shopping website with discounts and sales for the holidays. Check it out and share with your family/friends!
- Visit: http://www.trendysanta.com/
- Save: $170 dollars off Macbook Air, dlsr cameras, lenses, computers, tablets, clothing, video games, and millions of items through the links. Many of the prices go down when you click through the images or links.
- Find the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TrendySanta
- Follow Twitter at https://twitter.com/trendysanta
- Update yourself with new sales everyday, make sure to follow or like either one of those so you won’t pay more for stuff during the Holidays.
- JOIN THE INVITE PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/events/115105901986654/
p.s I’ve been working hard on this and I’m hoping to make enough sales to pay for college next semester. Wish me luck! I hope you share these links with your family and friends.
Anonymous asked: I think you're so pretty
Thanks for the love, Anon. You’re pretty, too, in all your gray-faced glory.